Saturday 9 June 08:00 - 10 June 22:00
Central Balkan National park
Two-day hike in the Balkan Mountains - ascent of the highest peak - Botev and a hike to the highest waterfall in Bulgaria!
As usual the group gathers at 7:00 a.m. at the Vassil Levski National Stadium. We set off for Kalofer, one of the centres of the Bulgarian Revival Movement (18-19th century). We spend an hour there to visit the Hristo Botev Museum. Our adventure starts near the town - in the Panitsite district. Our hike is across the Dzhandema reserve - we marvel at primeval forests, inaccessible cliffs, steep valleys, lush foliage and diverse fauna. While the etymology of the word Dzhandema comes from the Turkish word for 'hell', the Heavenly Waterfall (Rayskoto praskalo) is at the heart of this area. Once we reach the lodge, we have a walk to the waterfall. With its almost 125 m, the Rayskoto praskalo is the highest year-round waterfall in the country. The place is beyond description. The campfire by the lodge makes our evening more intimate.
Elevation gain/loss - up 1100; down 150m. Total hike - 5-6h
On the next morning we are to climb Botev peak along the Tarzan trail. We leave our backpacks behind - we take some snack and water. The first 400 m are steeper but safe and we enjoy the impressive valleys of the Dzhandema. The view is awe-inspiring! After the Tarzan trail, we continue along a monotonous uphill path to ultimately reach the peak at 2376m. The Botev peak is the windiest place in Bulgaria, so we must be ready for the unruly mood of this place. We go back to the lodge and from there to the Panitsite district. We look forward to our next adventure in Stara Planina (the Balkan Range).
Elevation gain/loss - up 900; down 1700m. Total hike - 8-9 h
Click on a photo to open the gallery:
Price per person in a group of 8 or more tourists - 105BGN
Group of 7 or less tourists - price per person 125BGN
The price covers:
- A licensed mountain guide
- Mountain insurance
- Transport from/to Sofia
- Entrance fee for the museum
The price doesn't cover:
- Meals on the way or in the hut
Reservation for participation and payment:
- To join the excursion, please fill in the Reservation Form, which you can find in the Main Menu. We will do our best to respond you at our earliest convenience!
- You can pay in cash or remit a bank transfer and we will issue to you a cash receipt or respectively an invoice according to VAT Law (art. 113 and art. 114
- In case of sudden change of the meteo conditions or other unforeseen situations, the guide may stop the group from the planned trek and to change the direction depending on the conditions. He proposes another trek, agreed with the tourists!
- In the case of dense fog or slippery terrain the guide may change the trek to ensure the health of the tourists!
- The treks are forbidden for tourists with heart diseases, problems with the legs and other dangerous contions for the mountains!
- If the group is more than 10 tourists there is a second guide, which doesn't change the price!
- shoes - comfortable, hard-soled over ankles, leather, waterproof
- backpack (women: 30-40, men 50-70)
- slippers for the hut
- thermal underwear (top and bottom)
- windproof jacket with hood
- thick coat
- windproof trousers
- water bottle and / or termus
- tourism knife
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sunscreen - protection factor over 50
- lighter, matches
- food - sandwiches, raw nuts, chocolate - do not think about diets - you will definately burn the calories:)
- others - according to personal needs, optional sleeping mat (neoprene mat)
- Identity Documents