Saturday 14 March 2020 07:00 - 15 March 2020 20:00
Rila National Park
Winter trek to the Ivan Vazov lodge in Rila. Ascent of Haramiata peak and hike on Zeleni Rid. Hike along the Otovishki ridge (or ascent of Vazov peak). Breathtaking views of entire Rila!
We start at the Vassil Levski Stadium at 7 a.m. and in about two hours we are at the Rila Lakes chairlift. At around 10 a.m. we put on our snowshoes and head to the Sedemte Ezera lodge and Haramiata peak. In about 3 hours, the glacial valley of the 7 Rila Lakes will open up underneath us. Afterwards we descend and continue to the Zeleni Rid ridge. In about 3 hours our trek - rich in awesome views and snowy thrills - comes to an end at the Ivan Vazov lodge.
|Itinerary|| Elevation gain/loss || Time |
|Rilski lakes lodge /2135m/ - Seven lakes lodge /2190m/ ||150m||1,5h|
|Seven lakes lodge /2190m/ - Haramiata peak /2465m/ - Zeleni rid ridge /2580m/ ||580m||3,5h|
| Zeleni rid ridge /2580m/ - Razdela /2600m/ - Ivan Vazov lodge /2300m/||320m||2h|
We weigh the options for the Sunday hike depending on the snow cover. There are two options - Otovishki peak or Vazov peak. Either way, views will be stunning. The Sunday hike is easier than the previous day's. In the afternoon we descend through the Lovna lodge, have a tea and go back to the minibus.
|Itinerary || Elevation gain/loss || Time |
|Ivan Vazov lodge /2300m/ - Vazov peak /2668m/ ||368m || 1,5h |
|Vazov peak /2668m/ - Lovna lodge /1565m/ ||1100м ||4ч |
Click to open the Gallery.
Price per person for groups of 8 or more people - BGN 99 (EUR 55). For groups of under 7 people - BGN 115 per person (EUR 60).
The price covers:
- A licensed mountain guide
- Mountain insurance
- Guide services
- Accomodation at Ivan Vazov lodge
- Transport from/to Sofia
The price doesn't covers:
- Meals on the way or in the lodge
- Snowshoe rental - EUR 9 (at the discretion of Alextrek)
Reservation for participation and payment:
- To join the excursion, please fill in the Reservation Form, which you can find in the Main Menu. We will do our best to respond you at our earliest convenience!
- You can pay in cash or remit a bank transfer and we will issue to you a cash receipt or respectively an invoice according to VAT Law (art. 113 and art. 114)!
- In case of sudden change of the meteo conditions or other unforeseen situations, the guide may stop the group from the planned trek and to change the direction depending on the conditions. He proposes another trek, agreed with the tourists!
- In the case of dense fog or slippery terrain the guide may change the trek to ensure the health of the tourists!
- The treks are forbidden for tourists with heart diseases, problems with the legs and other dangerous contions for the mountains!
- If the group is more than 10 tourists there is a second guide, which doesn't change the price!
- mountain shoes - winter!
- backpacks (women: 40-50l; men: 60-75l)
- thermo underwear
- trekking poles
- slippers for the lodge
- socks - a lot of pairs
- thick clothes
- sweater, fleece
- thick jacket
- windstopper pants
- hat, gloves
- headlamp (with extra batteries)
- tourist knive
- sun glasses with UV protection
- sun-protected cream
- bathing clothes
- others - personal stuff, the camera is not a bad idea :)
- personal documents - ID card