Saturday 4 August 07:00 - 5 August 21:00
Rila National Park
Two-day trek in Rila - Urdini Lakes, Haramiyata peak, Zeleni Rid (Green Ridge), Vazov peak and Seven Lakes. Overnight stay at the Ivan Vazov lodge.
The weekend will take us to one of the least visited and one of the most beautiful group of lakes in Rila - Urdini Lakes! We meet at 7 a.m. at the Vassil Levski National Stadium and set off for Panichishte area and Pionerska lodge, where we start the hike. Our trail passes through the Lovna lodge and a marvellous forest to the Seven Lakes lodge. We take a break by the sixth lake and ascend the Haramiyata peak. We have lunch atop, enjoying views of the Seven Rila Lakes. We descend to the Panitsite valley to go up to Zeleni Rid (the Green Ridge), where the unmatched valley of the Urdini lakes opens up underneath us. We continue to the Ivan Vazov lodge, nestling in fairy-tale rolling meadows, overlooked by Kalinite and Polichite peaks. The sunset is unforgettable!!! :)
Elevation gain/loss - up 1250m; down 400m. Total hike - 8h
Sunday will offer us plentiful of beautiful emotions! We ascend the Vazov peak to freak out on the views! Then a steep downhill path takes us to the Urdini lakes. On the way down it dawns on us that they are immensely adorable. We reach four or five of them. We have lunch and continue our hike along the Urina River. At Yavorova Polyana, we take a turn to the Vada lodge and in about 2 hours in the forest, we arrive at the minibus rather tired. The beauty of Rila has left a vivid memory and we pledge to come back soon!
Elevation gain/loss - up 400m; down 1200m. Total hike - 8h
Click on any of the pictures to open Gallery:
Price per person if the group is of 8 people or more - BGN99.
Group under 7 people - BGN125.
- Transport from Sofia to Sofia
- Licensed mountain guide
- Mountain insuranse
- Accommodation at Ivan Vazov lodge
Price doesn't cover:
- Food on the way and in the lodge
Reservation for participation and payment:
- To join the excursion, please fill in the Reservation Form, which you can find in the Main Menu. We will do our best to respond you at our earliest convenience!
- You can pay in cash or remit a bank transfer and we will issue to you a cash receipt or respectively an invoice according to VAT Law (art. 113 and art. 114)!
- In case of sudden change of the meteo conditions or other unforeseen situations, the guide may stop the group from the planned trek and to change the direction depending on the conditions. He proposes another trek, agreed with the tourists!
- In the case of dense fog or slippery terrain the guide may change the trek to ensure the health of the tourists!
- The treks are forbidden for tourists with heart diseases, problems with the legs and other dangerous contions for the mountains!
- If the group is more than 10 tourists there is a second guide, which doesn't change the price!
- mountain shoes - comfortable, hard-soled, over ankles, leather, waterproof
- backpacks (women: 30-40l; men: 50-70l)
- thermal underwear - top and bottom
- thick jacket
- trekking poles
- slippers for the lodge
- sweater, fleece
- windstopper with hood
- windproof trousers
- headlamp (with extra batteries)
- water bottle and/or termus
- tourism knife
- lighter, matches
- sun glasses with UV protection
- sunscreen - factor more than 30
- food - dry pack for the treks, raw nuts, chocolate - dont think about diets - you will burn everything:)
- bathing clothes
- others - personal stuff, optional neoprene mat
- Identity documents