Saturday 21 July 07:00 - 22 July 21:00
Rila National Park
Malyovitsa, Elenino lake and Strashnoto lake - a weekend in the most mesmerising part of Rila!
The adventure starts at the Vassil Levski National Stadium at 7:00 a.m. We are to embark on an adventure in majestic Rila and its most beautiful part - Malyovitsa, full of emerald lakes and eerie peaks! Our ride is southbound to Samokov and the Malyovitsa ski complex, where we start our hike. We have an uphill start and then continue along the valley of the Preka River. Afterwards we go up to the marvellous Yonchevo lake, where we have a picnic and get ready for the steepest section for the day taking us to the most mesmerising lake in the area - Strashnoto lake (the Fearsome Lake). In the afternoon we go through the glacial valley of Prekorechki Lakes to the Malyovitsa lodge. In the evening we finish the great day over beer and in good mood! :)
Elevation gain/loss - up 800m; down 500m. Total hike - 6-7 h
We get up and have breakfast, getting ready for a day to remember! Slowly we ascend the so-called Malyovitsa terraces with rocky peaks towering above us - Orlovets, Zliya Zab, Malyovitsa. The views are worth the exertion. In two hours we are already at the Elenino lake - Malyovitsa's jewel. We continue along a winding trail to stop on top of Malyovitsa - a fabled peak! Our dream has come true. We marvel at the views of Rila and the ruthless shapes of Pirin nearby! We have lunch atop. On the way back we are full of gratification, energised and dreaming of our future plans.
Elevation gain/loss - up 800m; down 1000m. Total hike - 6-7 h
Click on any of the pictures to open Gallery!
Price per person if the group is of 8 people or more - BGN99.
Group under 7 people - BGN119.
- Transport from Sofia to Sofia
- Licensed mountain guide
- Mountain insuranse
- Accommodation at Malyovitsa lodge
Price doesn't cover:
- Food on the way and in the lodge
Reservation for participation and payment:
- To join the excursion, please fill in the Reservation Form, which you can find in the Main Menu. We will do our best to respond you at our earliest convenience!
- You can pay in cash or remit a bank transfer and we will issue to you a cash receipt or respectively an invoice according to VAT Law (art. 113 and art. 114)!
- In case of sudden change of the meteo conditions or other unforeseen situations, the guide may stop the group from the planned trek and to change the direction depending on the conditions. He proposes another trek, agreed with the tourists!
- In the case of dense fog or slippery terrain the guide may change the trek to ensure the health of the tourists!
- The treks are forbidden for tourists with heart diseases, problems with the legs and other dangerous contions for the mountains!
- If the group is more than 10 tourists there is a second guide, which doesn't change the price!
- mountain shoes
- backpacks (women: 30-40l; men: 50-70l)
- thermo underwear
- trekking poles
- slippers for the hotels
- sweater, fleece
- headlamp (with extra batteries)
- tourist knife
- sun glasses with UV protection
- sun-protected cream
- bathing clothes
- others - personal stuff, the camera is not a bad idea :)
- personal documents - ID card