Saturday 10 October 07:00 - 11 October 22:00
Western Stara planina /Balkan/
Two-day hike in Stara Planina (the Balkan Range) - Chuprene reserve, 3rd birthday of Alextrek and climbing of 4 peaks!!! A pleasant adventure in Western Stara Planina
The group meets at 8:00 a.m. at the Vassil Levski National Stadium; we set off to Petrohan Pass and the village of Chuprene. Once we arrive, views of the pristine ridges of the Chiprovtsi part of Stara Planina open up. We have a 3-hour hike in a beautiful valley and along the Bekinska Shobarka trail where we pick wild strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. In no time we reach our goal for the day - the lovely lodge dubbed Forest Paradise (Gorski Ray), which is best known for the kind lodge keepers whose cooking is irresistibly delicious !!! At dusk we go for a short walk nearby, climb Popovitsa peak and enjoy delicious meals with a modest birthday party! :)
Elevation for the day: up 700m. Trek duration - 4h
In the morning, we have breakfast, tea and get ready for an amazing hike flavoured with beauty. Today we are to scale 3 peaks - Oba, Replianska Tsarkva and Ostra chuka. We begin with a hike in a fairy-tale forest in the Chuprene reserve. Part of the trail follows the border between Bulgaria and Serbia. Oba is an incredibly scenic peak and we feel like staying there but we have a bigger ambition for the day. Also we will climb the other 2 peaks, which are on the road to Oba. On our way back we stop at the Gorski Ray lodge for a hot soup and to say goodbye to lodge keepers. We hike for another 1,5h to the bus.
Elevation gain/loss for the day: up 6000 m; down 1200 m. Total hike - 6-7h.
Click to open the Gallery:
Price per person in a group of 8 or more tourists - 49 EUR
Group of 7 or less tourists - price per person 59 EUR
The price covers:
- A licensed mountain guide
- Mountain insurance
- Transport from/to Sofia
The price doesn't cover:
- Meals on the way or in the lodge
Reservation for participation and payment:
- To join the excursion, please fill in the Reservation Form, which you can find in the Main Menu. We will do our best to respond you at our earliest convenience!
- You can pay in cash or remit a bank transfer and we will issue to you a cash receipt or respectively an invoice according to VAT Law (art. 113 and art. 114
- In case of sudden change of the meteo conditions or other unforeseen situations, the guide may stop the group from the planned trek and to change the direction depending on the conditions. He proposes another trek, agreed with the tourists!
- In the case of dense fog or slippery terrain the guide may change the trek to ensure the health of the tourists!
- The treks are forbidden for tourists with heart diseases, problems with the legs and other dangerous contions for the mountains!
- If the group is more than 10 tourists there is a second guide, which doesn't change the price!
- shoes - comfortable, hard-soled over ankles, leather, waterproof
- backpack (women: 30-40, men 50-70)
- slippers for the hut
- thermal underwear (top and bottom)
- windproof jacket with hood
- thick coat
- windproof trousers
- water bottle and / or termus
- tourism knife
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sunscreen - protection factor over 50
- lighter, matches
- food - sandwiches, raw nuts, chocolate - do not think about diets - you will definately burn the calories:)
- others - according to personal needs, optional sleeping mat (neoprene mat)
- Identity Documents