Saturday 27 June 07:00 - 28 June 21:00
Pirin National Park
Two-day hike in the Maleshevska and Pirin mountains. Ascent of Ilyov peak and Pirin peak. Some of the best views to Pirin!!! Komatinski rocks.
As usual we start at the Vassil Levski Stadium, at 7 a.m. The beauty of Maleshevska and Vlahina mountains and stunning views of Pirin are the highlights of the day - sharp peaks and outstanding panoramas towards Bulgarian and Macedonian mountains! The walk to Ilyov peak takes 4 or 5 hours there and back. On the way back, we can stop at Komatinski rocks - the Bulgarian Meteora, which unveil a different charm and magic in winter. We go down to Brezhani for the evening.
|Itinerary||Elevation gain/loss|| Time |
|Brestovo village /1200m/ - Ilyov peak /1807m/ ||607m||3h|
|Ilyov peak /1807m/ - Brestovo village /1200m/ ||607m||2h|
On Sunday, our plan is to climb Pirin's northernmost peak famous for its beauty - Pirin peak! Words fail us to describe the views ahead of us: Pirin is opening up in sharp shapes, about 2500 m beneath us the valley of Struma river, the deepest valley in Bulgaria, has sunk into morning mists. We are surrounded by Maleshevska, Vlahina, Osogovo, Rila and Rhodope mountains. With five hours uphill, the ascent is not easy. The elevation gain is about 1400m. At the end of the day we admire this fantastic weekend!
|Itinerary || Elevation gain/loss || Time |
|Senokos village /1100m/ - Pirin peak /2593m/ ||1400m ||5h |
|Pirin peak /2593m/ - Senokos village /1100m/ ||1400m ||3h |
Click to open the Gallery:
Price per person for groups of 8 or more people - BGN 105 (EUR 55). For groups of under 7 people - BGN 120 per person (EUR 65).
The price covers:
- A licensed mountain guide
- Mountain insurance
- Guide services
- Accomodation at Brezhani village
- Transport from/to Sofia
Цената не включва:
- Meals on the way or in the lodge
- Snowshoe rental - EUR 9 (at the discretion of Alextrek)
Reservation for participation and payment:
- To join the excursion, please fill in the Reservation Form, which you can find in the Main Menu. We will do our best to respond you at our earliest convenience!
- You can pay in cash or remit a bank transfer and we will issue to you a cash receipt or respectively an invoice according to VAT Law (art. 113 and art. 114)!
- In case of sudden change of the meteo conditions or other unforeseen situations, the guide may stop the group from the planned trek and to change the direction depending on the conditions. He proposes another trek, agreed with the tourists!
- In the case of dense fog or slippery terrain the guide may change the trek to ensure the health of the tourists!
- The treks are forbidden for tourists with heart diseases, problems with the legs and other dangerous contions for the mountains!
- If the group is more than 10 tourists there is a second guide, which doesn't change the price!
- mountain shoes - winter!
- backpacks (women: 40-50l; men: 60-75l)
- thermo underwear
- trekking poles
- slippers for the lodge
- socks - a lot of pairs
- thick clothes
- sweater, fleece
- thick jacket
- windstopper pants
- hat, gloves
- headlamp (with extra batteries)
- tourist knive
- sun glasses with UV protection
- sun-protected cream
- bathing clothes
- others - personal stuff, the camera is not a bad idea :)
- personal documents - ID card